You are a champion of best practices. Self-motivated, creative and proactive, you excel in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects like a pro. You’re experienced with a range of platforms and architectures, diverse technologies and environments.
You work closely with developers, project managers, network engineers, clients and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking and reporting results and troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. You have a strong understanding of SDLC processes, the QA lifecycle and Agile testing values and methodologies.
- Interact with product owners, user experience and development teams and project management to develop a strong understanding of the project, product and testing objectives.
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases.
- Leverage existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing and validation functions.
- Promote new tools and techniques as needed.
- Develop and lead the automation strategy/effort for your team and generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles using industry-standard tools
- Execute and analyze automation test results.
- Participate in troubleshooting and issue triage with product owners, clients, teams and stakeholders to analyze, prioritize and schedule issue resolution.
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using Jira Greenhopper.
- Support production deployment of applications and prepare health reports for project wrap-up.
- 2+ years relevant work experience in development and/or testing role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with different environments with a focus on the LAMP stack.
- Good understanding of object oriented programming, such as J2EE architecture, .NET, etc
- Database skills with mySQL or Postgres
- Knowledge of automated testing tools, like Selenium, WinRunner, Rational Robot, etc.
- A solid understanding of IP networking, protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS, firewalls, load balancers, routers, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Git, Jenkins/Hudson, TeamCity, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse deliverables simultaneously.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Web Systems or related experience