March 12, 2012
Infographic: TV Goes Social
Social TV Is Here To Stay
The industry has been embracing the idea of the social TV for awhile now, as apps like Get Glue and Miso gain traction. Major Networks like HBO are experiencing success with their own second screen applications, making it clear that there is a growing appetitie for immersive, on-the-go television experiences. As tablets and smartphones grow more commonplace, viewers are using them to extend their experiences, proving that they want more from their television than to just turn it on and tune out.
Let us know what you think in the comments.
TV Goes Social Infographic Sources
- Twitter Blog: Post-Bowl Analysis
- Bluefin Labs: The 54th Annual Grammy Awards: A New Social TV Record
- Bluefin Labs: Super Bowl XLVI: A Social TV Phenomenon
- Nielsen Wire: 40% of Tablet and Smartphone Owners Use Them While Watching TV
- Discovery Research: Video Perceptions Study
- Tech Journal: Grammy Awars Sets New Social Record
- NFL Communications: Super Bowl XLVI Live Stream Sets Traffic Records
- Grammy. com: Pandora and Pepsi Provide Inside Look at Best New Artist Nominees
- Chevrolet Game Time